Sunday, December 4, 2011

mOtHeR eArTh aRt



Laguna Wilderness Park 


Another project I loved was capturing art amongst nature. I really really wanted to find something undisturbed that resembled art. I looked around for shaped rocks or pebbles. I alway tried looking for curves or shapes in plants, flowers, and and the ground itself. I was hoping the wind somehow would have knocked something over or created movement among the habitat. What I found instead was equally as interesting though. I traveled to the Laguna Wilderness Park. I hiked with my boyfriend for over three hours in search of beauty and inspiration. We ended up finding several spots where people who were there before us made rock stacks. Some piles had 2 small stacks. Others were stacks in lines up the paths along the trails. I decided to photograph a couple of stacks that were at the very end of our hike since all I had was my phone. I was going to add a stack of my own to this pile but decided to leave the trio as it was (although I regret not contributing now). I plan on going back and starting my own art wall using washable chalk inside a cave I found. If I can get back down there this week I will post photos of that as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment