Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Missing the Potluck

Unfortunately I was sick for class last week. I so wish I could have been there for the potluck but even more so for the video blogging. It looks like a fun way to get your ideas out there and connect with people in a more personal way than always writing. Reading through Chapter 3 has opened a whole new interest for me in art. I love reading about the different ways to create detail in art besides just drawing on paper or painting on canvas. There is so much art that fascinates me, it's overwhelming to keep track of all the favorites. I love the work of Jacob Lawrence and Kathe Kollwitz because of their stories and motivation for expressing their struggles through beautiful art. To me that is what art is all about. I am excited to watch all the videos from last week and hopefully get some tips on how to do one on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment