Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Razor's Edge

Last week we watched a large portion of the movie The Razor's Edge and I feel simply inspired. I have been wanting to take a journey of self discovery and say F&$# the "blue print" of the typical American dream. I loved what party of the movie we watched and made a netflix account just so I could watch the entire thing. Performance art really intrigues me and Marina Abramovic took my breath away. Her mental and spiritual freedom is something that I admire and wish I could acquire. I was fascinated by her interactive performance with the weapons and forms of pleasure/pain as well as the level she was willing to go to to test real people. I find week by week I am relating more and more to the art we are learning about and it is exciting to be in a class I feel so connected to. I am looking forward to the next lesson, and watching the Razor's Edge in full!

No comments:

Post a Comment