Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Art Presentation

Last week we saw 4 totally different presentations in class. I thought they were are pretty good. My favorite was definitely Damien Hirst. I thought his diamond skull was incredibly beautiful and different. I wish I could see that in person. His art was something I haven't experienced yet and I loved learning about him. I was also really excited about the Japanese artist Ikeda. I did have a really bad headache in class so listening to those sounds for that long was starting to get to me but I really loved it anyway. I had no idea one could actually make music using such emotionless and statistical sounds but I want to explore it more. I am fascinated by light as well. I think it's beautiful and it triggers something really emotional in me for some reason. I wish I could experience the light show he did outside with all the beams pointing into the sky. It looks like such a special experience. I am so glad people have presented such unique artists, and have opened my eyes up to new worlds. I present Banksy tonight and I am really nervous as I hate public speaking. My fascination with Banksy's art and the world as he sees it makes it worth sharing though. I hope everyone enjoys!

No comments:

Post a Comment